- Generic dashboard for all HAT owners
- Open sourced, Mozilla-licensed
- White labelled provision for HAT Platform providers to be integrated with their own app user accounts
- Rumpel is the control centre for the HAT owner’s personal data and is the service that powers the HAT app
The EPSRC Harriet project team initiated the creation of RUMPEL – the private dashboard for users’ HAT data, allowing HAT owners to view and manage their personal information, whilst providing a valuable case study for the viability of the HAT’s privacy-preserving data infrastructure. It is made available as an open source programme, under Mozilla Public License.
HAT owners can use the dashboard to:
- Customise exactly which parts of the profile are public or private
- Visualise all the information in the HAT, including stats and notifications
- Manage Data Plugs and track incoming data from various applications
- View and search all locations from the point the HAT is connected to the locations Data Plug
- Give permissions to data plugs and apps that seek to acquire or inquire HAT data
Rumpel code is contributed by CONTRIVE/HALL project by the Centre of the Digital Economy, University of Surrey and Service Systems Group, WMG, University of Warwick.